The following collection of protocols are for manually screening crop varieties for disease resistance in addition to storage and propagation of the pathogens. Some of the protocols are DNA-based. There are also detection protocols as well.
All of the protocols have been used extensively since the early 2000’s and were, in some cases, based on already publicly available protocols. All have since been made publicly available to various organisations and individuals. Reference to some controls have been deleted as they were inbred, privately held lines.
- SCREENING FOR BACTERIAL WILT TOLERANCE IN TOMATO (EGGPLANT AND PEPPER)
- Screening for downy mildew resistance in cucurbits
- Screening for Fol resistance in tomato
- Screening for Ty-1 resistance in tomato
- Screening for Ty-2 resistance in tomato
- Mi-gene detection (nematode resistance allele) in tomatoes
- Mechanical inoculation protocol
- Standard Protocol for Anthracnose screening of pepper
- ELISA protocol for Begomovirus detection
- ELISA protocol for PRSV detection
- ELISA protocol for WSMoV
- ELISA protocol for TMV
- Extraction of dsRNA for detecting RNA viruses